Search for Candidates

For additional information on special hiring authorities, contact your VEPO, visit FedsHireVets or reference the OPM Veterans Guide .

Employers Looking for Wounded, Ill and Injured Soldier and Veteran Candidates

Employers can connect with our wounded, ill and injured Soldiers and Veterans that are currently interested in pursuing internship or employment opportunities by contacting a Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) transition coordinator or U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2) career coordinator. Transition coordinators or AW2 career coordinators can help prospective employers advertise vacancies directly to our population and help refer resumes of wounded, ill and injured Soldiers and Veterans that are actively seeking employment.

To find a WTU transition coordinator or AW2 career coordinator near you, contact us.

Special Hiring Authorities for Federal Employers

While Federal employers can hire wounded, ill and injured Veterans through the traditional government hiring process, special hiring authorities can help expedite hiring. Some special hiring authorities include:

  • Schedule A
  • Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
  • Veterans’ Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
  • 30 Percent or More Disabled
  • Veterans' Preference

For additional information on these special hiring authorities, Federal employers should reference the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Veterans Guide or consult their Veterans Employment Program Office (VEPO) . The VEPO is responsible for promoting Veteran’s recruitment, employment, training, development, and retention within their respective agencies.

Return to top of page
Return to Hire Our Soldiers and Veterans main page

Search Candidates